25 September 2008

Palin and Couric: Foreign Policy Experience

UPDATE: The original draft of this post began "And dumber than I thought, too." I erased that because I thought it was a shade too rude. But we've talked it over in the office here, and she really does come of as just plain not smart in this clip.
__________

Via Ambinder, here's another round of Couric and Palin. And you've really got to see this, and hear it with your own two ears, inflection and everything, to believe it.

The question went like this.

COURIC: Explain to me why that [Alaska's proximity to Russia and Canada] enhances your foreign policy credentials.

And then the answer.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our--our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of.

Seriously, though. Words on the page fail to capture. It's really, embarrassingly, worth listening to.